The Tomesti commune
LocationIs located in the southeastern part of Iasi, at 10 km.
PopulationTomesti has a total population of 12.397 inhabitants with the fallowing structure:
* Active population - 5396
* Occupied population - 4453
* Unemployed - 843
The territorial componentCThe commune Tomesti has comprises 4 (four) villages :
SurfaceThe administrative surface of Tomesti is 6216 ha of which 3711 ha agricultural land.
IncomeThe average income per capita in Tomesti was 621,00 lei in 2008.
Touristic objectives/ protected areas/ monumentsThere arenĺt touristic objectives and monuments
Technical infrastructure1. Water supply: There is a pipeline supply o f mixed water Timisesti -Prut for drinking water distribution network
2. Sewerage: .there is sewage for 12,6 % of population
* Road ľnational road 28, county road 248D Paun-Tomesti-Holboca;county road 249E; communal road 31 Iasi-Vladiceni-Tomesti; communla road 23 Tomesti-Chiperesti; comunal road 33 Tomesti-Goruni ; communal road 44 Chicerea-Comarna
* Railway ľ no railway station in Tomesti
4. Gas distribution: there is a gas distribution network
5. Electricity: there is electricity
Main activitiesThe main activities of the inhabitants is the manufacturing industry
Contact* Village Hall
Mayor: Stefan Timofte
* Phone/fax: 0232-290-434
* Site: www.primariatomesti.ro